Kiama Region Schools and Education Directory
Do you like the Schools in Kiama Region?
Kiama Region Schools and Education
Educational organisations are essential institutions that provide specialised education and training services to individuals, businesses, and communities. These entities offer various benefits, including improving employability, enhancing skills and knowledge, empowering personal development, and contributing to the social and economic growth of a region. In the Kiama Region of New South Wales, Australia, there exist several educational organisations that cater to diverse needs and interests. In this article, we present a categorised list of such institutions and their activities.
1) University of Wollongong: The University of Wollongong is a world-class institution for higher learning that provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in various fields. The university's main campus is located in nearby Wollongong, and it operates several satellite campuses and learning centres across the region. The University aims to foster creativity, innovation, and excellence in research and teaching.
Contact information: Northfields Ave, Wollongong NSW 2522; +61 2 4221 3555
2) TAFE NSW Illawarra: TAFE NSW Illawarra is a vocational education and training (VET) provider that delivers accredited courses and qualifications to students looking to enhance their career prospects. The institution offers short courses, apprenticeships, traineeships, and flexible learning options in various areas, including hospitality, healthcare, information technology, and business.
Contact information: Shellharbour Rd, Warilla NSW 2528; 1300 766 123
Primary and Secondary Education
1) Kiama High School: Kiama High School is a public co-educational high school that caters to students in Years 7 to 12. The institution's academic program covers a broad range of subjects, including English, mathematics, science, art, music, and language. Kiama High School supports students through their academic, personal, and social development and aims to create responsible global citizens.
Contact information: Saddleback Mountain Rd, Kiama NSW 2533; +61 2 4237 8500
2) Kiama Public School: Kiama Public School is a co-educational primary school that provides quality learning experiences for children from kindergarten to Year 6. The school's curriculum focuses on literacy, numeracy, and social skills and also offers special programs in physical education, music, and technology. Kiama Public School values inclusivity, diversity, and community engagement.
Contact information: 23 Minnamurra St, Kiama NSW 2533; +61 2 4232 2105
3) Gerringong Public School: Gerringong Public School is a primary school located in the nearby town of Gerringong. The school offers educational programs for children from kindergarten to Year 6, with a focus on interactive and stimulating learning experiences. Gerringong Public School fosters a supportive and respectful learning environment that encourages academic, social, and personal growth.
Contact information: 42 Belinda St, Gerringong NSW 2534; +61 2 4234 1401
1) The Shepherd Centre: The Shepherd Centre is a non-profit organisation that provides hearing-impaired children with the tools and skills to overcome communication barriers and maximise their potential. The Centre offers evidence-based early intervention programs, speech therapy, and support services to children and their families. The Shepherd Centre aims to create a world where no child is disadvantaged by hearing loss.
Contact information: 20/38 Churchill Ave, Subiaco WA 6008; 1800 020 030
2) South Coast Autism Centre: The South Coast Autism Centre is a private institution that provides comprehensive support services for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental conditions. The Centre offers assessment, therapy, and education programs tailored to each child's unique needs. South Coast Autism Centre aims to empower children with diverse abilities to thrive and reach their full potential.
Contact information: Unit 5, 68 Railway St, Corrimal NSW 2518; +61 2 4284 5882
1) U3A Kiama: U3A Kiama is a non-profit organisation that offers lifelong learning opportunities to retired and semi-retired individuals. The institution provides a range of classes, workshops, and social events that cater to diverse interests, such as arts and crafts, history, languages, and fitness. U3A Kiama values intellectual exchange, good health, and social connectedness.
Contact information: Uniting Church Hall, 2 Terralong St, Kiama NSW 2533; +61 2 4232 2656
2) Kiama Community College: Kiama Community College is another community-based institution that provides accessible and affordable learning opportunities for individuals and groups. The College offers accredited and non-accredited courses and workshops in various areas, such as business, hospitality, personal development, and the arts. Kiama Community College aims to empower learners of all ages and backgrounds to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Contact information: Kiama High School, Saddleback Mountain Rd, Kiama NSW 2533; +61 2 4232 1050
educational organisations play a vital role in the social, cultural, and economic development of the Kiama Region. The above-listed institutions provide diverse opportunities for individuals of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to enhance their skills, knowledge, and wellbeing. Whether it is formal education, vocational training, or community learning, these organisations offer benefits that can positively impact individuals and the wider community. It is thus important to embrace and support the valuable work of educational organisations in fostering a vibrant and prosperous region.
Kiama Region Schools and Education Articles