Kiama Region Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Kiama Region Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing kiama.nsw.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Kiama Region for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Kiama Region?
Kiama Region Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums, and Historical Venues in and around Kiama Region, New South Wales, Australia
The Kiama region is a beautiful and fascinating place to visit, with a rich history and culture that is worth exploring. In this article, we will be taking a look at some of the fantastic galleries, museums, and historical venues that can be found in and around the region.
The Kiama region is home to several excellent art galleries, showcasing the best of local and international art.
1. Fern Street Gallery: Located in Gerringong, Fern Street Gallery is a contemporary art space featuring works from a range of local artists. The gallery is a popular destination for art lovers and is open from Friday to Sunday.
2. Kiama Art Gallery: The Kiama Art Gallery is a community-operated gallery featuring a diverse range of art, including painting, photography, and sculpture. It is located in the heart of Kiama and is open every day.
3. Red Point Art Gallery: Situated in Port Kembla, the Red Point Art Gallery is a contemporary fine art space showcasing works from local and national artists. The gallery is open from Friday to Sunday.
For those interested in history, the Kiama region is home to several fascinating museums, each with its own unique focus.
1. The Kiama Lighthouse: The Kiama Lighthouse is a historic icon of the region and has been guiding ships into Kiama Harbour since 1887. The lighthouse is open to the public and offers stunning views of the coastline.
2. The Illawarra Light Railway Museum: Located in Albion Park, this museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the region's railway industry. The museum features a range of historic locomotives, carriages, and railway memorabilia.
3. The Minnamurra Rainforest Centre: The Minnamurra Rainforest Centre is part of the Budderoo National Park and is home to a range of exhibits and displays about the rainforest and its ecosystem.
The Kiama region has a rich history, and there are several historical venues that are well worth a visit.
1. Jamberoo Abbey: The Jamberoo Abbey is a stunning example of Gothic architecture and has been home to the Benedictine nuns since 1900. The abbey hosts regular tours and offers a peaceful retreat for visitors.
2. The Cathedral Rocks: Located just south of Kiama, the Cathedral Rocks are a stunning natural landmark that has been shaped by the powerful waves of the Pacific Ocean. The rocks are an excellent spot for photographers and nature lovers.
3. The Blowhole: The Kiama Blowhole is one of the town's most popular attractions, drawing visitors from all over the world. The blowhole is a natural rock formation that shoots water up to 25 meters in the air during high tides.
The Kiama region is a vibrant and fascinating place to visit, with plenty of exciting galleries, museums, and historical venues to explore. Whether you're interested in art, history, or nature, there is something here for everyone. So why not plan a visit to the region and discover all that it has to offer?
Kiama Region Galleries and Museums Articles